We make tomorrow’s drugs possible
RCPE performs cutting-edge research in the field of
process and product optimization. The main focus is on the development of new drug delivery systems and the associated production processes and their monitoring. Application-oriented research and development projects
are carried out in collaboration with our industrial and scientific partners.
The three main research areas of RCPE are
- modeling and simulation of fluid and granular/powder form media using a broad spectrum of industrial and scientific simulation tools. Coupled simulations of fluid-article interactions to study movement, substance exchange and heat transfer are performed, as well as simulations of processes/single unit operations. In addition, special models are developed.
- Design and development of conventional solid oral dosage forms (eg. tablet, capsule), inhalation dosage form (DPI) to enabling formulations (solid dispersions, nano-formulations, lipidic formulations), patient centric formulations (taste masking, personalized delivery) and specialized drug delivery (alcohol-resistant and abuse-deterrent products)
- process and manufacturing science. Three main themes characterize our efforts:
- research facilitating the application of continuous manufacturing approaches in pharmaceutical operations,
- processes enabling the production of patient centric, personalized medicines, and
- online quality assurance and process control.